WTK Is this a good deal for Southbend lathe?

Nice machine, but I would not call it a bargain or anything like that. To be a bargain it would be roughly half that price. I think I would expect it to be tooled heavier for that price myself. Just my opinion though.

Seems to be priced quite high.
I paid $1200 for a Southbend 13" x 6' bed in great shape... I think I got a great bargain!

I paid $300 for my 16" x 10' south bend and $110 for my 9c about 15 years ago. I guess prices have really gone up.

I'd bet money it was left in a storage locker and someone is trying for big payday. I think it's worth about half.

Looks to be a light ten in pretty fair shape- I'd say 1300-1500 would be a good price. Less if no tooling or rests
Mark

Looks to be a light ten in pretty fair shape- I'd say 1300-1500 would be a good price. Less if no tooling or rests
Mark

It is light on tooling, only has 3 & 4 jaw chucks and a live center. If that is the limit of tooling that is very light in my opinion, not too far from a bare machine! Plus, it is a bit of a shorty too.

That is not a good deal. I purchased one similar to that about 8 years ago with all tooling for about 600. Before I sold it it needed a motor.
There are many thing to check. Parts are not cheap. If you know someone with knowledge of lathes bring them with you when looking. Al.

Hard to find a good deal in the Tampa area. There is a used machinery dealer that watches CRL like a halk.

Back