Wtb Tailstock Wrench

olcopper

Registered
Registered
Looking for a South bend tailstock wrench---1-1/4 inch--It's the wrench shipped with a lathe in time gone by. Box end--single ended.
Thanks
olcopper

GOT ONE---THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR OFFERS AND SUGGESTIONS
AND, A SPECIAL THANKS TO OLDBOY 1950---HE CAME THROUGH LIKE A CHAMP!!

Last edited:
If your luck runs out finding one, get you a offset box end wrench. Cut off to an desired length, guessing around 10" long. It'll work until a original can be found.

I think that may be my best plan, although the wrenches on ebay (smaller sizes) seem to sell for around $25-35.00, but so far, all the standard wrenches I've found run more that $50.00---I may have to bite the bullet and buy one anyway.
Thanks,
olcopper

I may have one, I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

Sorry, was under the weather today, didn't make it out to the shop.
Should be able to check tomorrow.
Any other parts you're missing/need/want ?

It's a South bend Turn-nado, 17x54, I need a steady and a follow rest, a QCTP, and a taper attachment just off the cuff, just got this one and haven't gotten into it yet to see what all I do need.
If you have any of these items and any suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing them.
Thanks,
John G

Sorry, took a look today. Don't have anything for that lathe OEM.
Looked at a couple photos, might have one that looks similar, but won't be an original SB.

If it will fit the tailstock nuts, I would be interested, not trying to get it set up as original, just need something that will work.
olcopper

Looked in my old tool she'd today and found one of those wrenches, but it's a 2" size.
I know I have a smaller one somewhere just not sure where yet.
One might be able to modifythe bigger one to work if I can't find the smaller one.
If you're interested, I'll send pictures.

Back