Wtb Steady Rest For Atlas 10" Lathe Tv42

You might try thinking WTM. I see you are new here. WELCOME ANTHONY! Sure you can buy one but you won't get the satisfaction of making your own steady rest. I have made several and it is not really very
difficult. As an added bonus you can take a picture of it and put on the home made tooling thread. When I first started with the machining hobby, I visited a long time machinist and he had made one welded up
with the ring gear from an old car rear end. The point being that you can make do and use a little ingenuity and put one together yourself, Also it would cost less and wouldn't have shipping charges. It doesn't
have to be fancy or even beautiful, only functional. It doesn't have to be welded together either as it could be bolted together just in case you are not into welding. WTM is what to make.

Good luck, and have fun if you decide to make one. You can do it!

Cathead

That's certainly a thought cathead. I'm sure it would be an interesting and rewarding project. I've just got so many other projects going right now, I'm already overwhelmed a little. I'm in no big hurry for one. I might give it a shot if some of these other projects of mine get cleared up. Welding is a non-issue. If milling is required, that could pose a bit of a challenge. In the meantime, if one comes up somewhere and it's a good price, that will be fine, too. Thanks for the advice.

Back