WTB Quick Change Tool Post

Looks to be a rectangular piston type. Can you get a picture of the tool post rotated 90 degrees?

Round piston type. I would not buy. Tool holders do not repeat location very well
I don't mean to take this thread too far OT, but I'm wondering in what manner (high/low, canted left/right, ???) they don't repeat, what magnitude (.000X", .00X", .0X") and why.
I'm assuming you have some experience with the type and have investigated them somewhat.

Round piston type. I would not buy. Tool holders do not repeat location very well
Thank you! I sure appreciate the feedback. Can you direct my eyes on what exactly I should be looking for to ensure it is a wedge style? I found this Dorian SD30BXA. Do the wedge versions just drive out from the sides where I circled in red?
1700891410370.png

Last edited:
I don't mean to take this thread too far OT, but I'm wondering in what manner (high/low, canted left/right, ???) they don't repeat, what magnitude (.000X", .00X", .0X") and why.
I'm assuming you have some experience with the type and have investigated them somewhat.
I have all three types. The round piston type, (I have Aloris), does not always orient properly on the dovetails, kinda fiddly. Rectangular piston, ( I have unknown brand and have had Phase II), is better. Wedge is Best,( I have Aloris, Bostar, Enco), IMHO

Thank you guys for your inputs! I got an Aloris BXA, machined a t nut, and now it works great. Now I’m just after more tool holders and devices.

Back