WTB Quick Change Tool Post

Calandrod

Registered
Registered
I am looking for an American made (actually anything that isn’t made in China) quick change tool post and holders. I am currently using lantern and am ready for the upgrade!

I am looking for an American made (actually anything that isn’t made in China) quick change tool post and holders. I am currently using lantern and am ready for the upgrade!
Not positive but I think Aloris and Dorian are the only ones made in the US.
i have an Aloris CXA and a bunch of their tool holders. A few Dorian tool holders too.
They are all good quality.
I do not buy tools that were made in China.

From what I’m seeing, it looks like the BXA version might be the right size. My t nut is 2” across. Any other factors to consider?

Not positive but I think Aloris and Dorian are the only ones made in the US.
i have an Aloris CXA and a bunch of their tool holders. A few Dorian tool holders too.
They are all good quality.
I do not buy tools that were made in China.
Possibly KDK?

You could always make a norman style QCTP. Lots of forum members have made them. They work just fine. Fraction of the cost of even a Chinese QCTP.

If you're interested in making your own, I made this one years ago. It's a nice and rigid design. PM me if you want more info.
1700832236076.png

952B0912-F1B1-4B1A-B46C-B586B6D95A9F.jpegThank you guys so much for the input. Right now, I am limited on time more than anything so I will have to buy. I am curious how to determine if it’s wedge or piston? I’ve heard wedge is the way to go. I found this set priced reasonably. Can you tell from looking at the picture?

Back