WTB: Domed Handle

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Looking for what I call a domed handle

Domed Handle.JPG

The overall length is 2-1/2", the threaded stud is 1/4-20 and about 1/4" of threaded length. The fat part of the handle is 3/4". Nothing magic about the dimensions except the thread size.

Thanks
Rick

McMaster Carr

Got something you could use in the garage if it would work .

Not sure , but found these yesterday in one of the Vidmars while cleaning out . I made these years ago on the cnc lathe . They are made to run a SHCS thru to mount .

Attachments

• IMG_9731.JPG
    IMG_9731.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9732.JPG
    IMG_9732.JPG
    572 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9733.JPG
    IMG_9733.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 6
Kipp catalog item. Zoro or Grainger carries them.

Not sure , but found these yesterday in one of the Vidmars while cleaning out . I made these years ago on the cnc lathe . They are made to run a SHCS thru to mount .
They might work but I need them to tighten by turning the handle. I could epoxy the through bolt I suppose. What size through bolt are they made for? Are they roughly the size noted above - 2 to 3 inches long and about 3/4 dia at the fat section?
Rick

These are a bit shorter for the smaller lathes I fixed up . I put them back in the box but they are made for 5/16 bolts . I modified many to work in the past , but maybe too short for what you need . Next time out I'll get an OAL .

These are a bit shorter for the smaller lathes I fixed up . I put them back in the box but they are made for 5/16 bolts . I modified many to work in the past , but maybe too short for what you need . Next time out I'll get an OAL .
OK - I would need to modify them or the bolt - I need a 1/4-20 stud. Thanks anyway

Rick

Back