WTB WTB: 9x20 HF Lathe Gears and 5” Chuck adapter

Streetfighterkz

Registered
Registered
I sold my mini-lathe and “upgraded” to a used 9x20 Central Machinery model a while ago. I didn’t get any of the gears to change feed rate and it is wayy too fast. Does anyone have a gear set they’re willing to sell?

I’m also looking for a M39x4 chuck adapter plate for a 5” chuck. I bought the chuck for my 7”x… lathe and kept it. I can only find 4” and 6” (unfinished) plates.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Later, Doug

I sold my mini-lathe and “upgraded” to a used 9x20 Central Machinery model a while ago. I didn’t get any of the gears to change feed rate and it is wayy too fast. Does anyone have a gear set they’re willing to sell?

I’m also looking for a M39x4 chuck adapter plate for a 5” chuck. I bought the chuck for my 7”x… lathe and kept it. I can only find 4” and 6” (unfinished) plates.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Later, Doug
I just broke my small lathe and was looking for parts.
Search for "hobby lathe gears" in ebay and see if any of those are what you need.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Later, Doug
I have a set of gears listed that may work for you.

I have those listed and a second set of plastic gears not listed. Not sure if their the same ones as listed (the plastic set) but I’m sure we can measure and figure it out.

Pm me and we can work out the details.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Later, Doug
Little Machine Shop https://littlemachineshop.com/ Sells a lot of parts and accessories for those small lathes and many of the parts are interchangeable, you might try them.

As for the gears, you can 3D print them if you can design them in a CAD program and have a way to get them printed. That also gives you the flexibility to print ones that are not commercially available for the lathe. As for the backplate, just order the 6" and cut it down to size with it on the lathe. You will have to custom fit the backplate to the chuck anyway. Take care.

Back