Wtb 3 jaw chuck jaws (AMA)

skogkatt007

Registered
Registered
Or something close. This is a small I believe French made 3" AMA chuck. I am basically resigned to attempting to modify a different set of jaws. Would need 2 set I guess, for inner and outer gripping.

Would appreciate suggestions on which make jaws I should look for also.

Last edited:
Do you have any dimensions ?

Yes, dimensions.
If mmcmdl doesn't have any (unlikely) I might.

Daryl
MN

I think everybody has random sets of orphaned jaws Daryl . We should somehow set up a thread for those that do complete with dimensions . :encourage:

I think everybody has random sets of orphaned jaws Daryl . We should somehow set up a thread for those that do complete with dimensions . :encourage:
That's a fascinating idea!!
I wonder if instead of a long an wandering thread which might be difficult to follow, if a sticky (is that the word) could be made which was an updateable spreadsheet by members with inventory. Might include all of the measurements, condition, quantity available and the contact. If feasible this could be a huge resource.

The header might be something like the pic at this link:

Hmmm.

Daryl
MN

Here's the chuck. I'll post dimensions tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20231212_165952.jpg
    20231212_165952.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231212_170004.jpg
    20231212_170004.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 9
Or something close. This is a small I believe French made 3" AMA chuck. I am basically resigned to attempting to modify a different set of jaws. Would need 2 set I guess, for inner and outer gripping.

Would appreciate suggestions on which make jaws I should look for also.
I would make backing plate and buy a new chuck.
You find old chucks are worn-out.

Dave

Back