WTB: 1-1/2" Diameter 12L14

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I'm looking for some reasonably priced 12L14 1-1/2" diameter by 6" long. Length isn't extremely critical. A few pieces would be fine.

Thanks
Rick

Thanks for the link - their pricing is the same as EBAY. Not sure what shipping is (free on EBAY). Maybe $28 for a 12"piece is reasonable?

Rick

Thanks for the link - their pricing is the same as EBAY. Not sure what shipping is (free on EBAY). Maybe $28 for a 12"piece is reasonable?

Rick
I found a foot long piece for $17.15 with free shipping, with my first search on eBay. Seller is Oakland Steel.

Maybe $28 for a 12"piece is reasonable?
I truly don’t know. I haven’t bought new steel in years. But when I did, I used HMK. At that time, they were a better deal than Ebay. It may have been that I ordered metal for several different projects at once through them. It’s hard to get one shipping cost for 4 different sizes, shapes, and types of steel through EBay…or it used to be.

I found a foot long piece for $17.15 with free shipping, with my first search on eBay. Seller is Oakland Steel.
Oakland Steel (steeldawg9061) is my go-to for 12L14 unless you are looking for tight tolerance OD which McMaster carries.

I have gobs of it. Well, maybe no gobs but I have some.
Maybe start a conversation with a PM.

1215 has a machinability rating of 100%.
With lead maybe 120%. I can not tell a difference. Let me know if you want to buy some. 10" sticks 1-9/16" diameter.

Back