WoW....Checked the tram on my new PM 728-VT

DBlue

Registered
Registered
I got my new tram gauge today and I checked the tram on my new 728 vt . It was dead nuts in both axis.....I didn’t have to do any adjustments at all....Thank You Precision Mathews.....:)

Attachments

• C3BAC75A-FBF8-4523-B859-D85F23DE55B7.jpeg
    C3BAC75A-FBF8-4523-B859-D85F23DE55B7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • BAC504BB-8423-4CC6-8425-D53254731A56.jpeg
    BAC504BB-8423-4CC6-8425-D53254731A56.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
Mine was dead nuts too. With a haimer I saw less than 0.02mm across the entire X axis!
I believe they are trammed before they leave the factory and are really tightened well.
It was really good to see this.

Last edited:
Mine was dead nuts too. With a haimer I saw less than 0.02mm across the entire X axis!
I believe they are trammed before they leave the factory and are really tightened well.
It was a really good to see this.
I have been making parts on this mill since I got it last Tuesday, I knew the tram had to be close as my parts came out great. I was really happy to see it was dead on after checking it today....I just wish I had bought one of these mills when they first came out...:)

This is so encouraging! Thank you for posting. I'll have to call PM next week to get an ETA on my 728vt.
Did you also get the DRO with your mill? From their web site it seems that mills with DRO will ship later. This may be why I'm still waiting.

The DRO is a must-have with this (or any) mill. Unless you plan on CNC'ing it.
I received my mill early this year and the DRO versions did take a bit longer. The DROs are installed in the US by Precision Matthews employees. It is a very good DRO.

This is so encouraging! Thank you for posting. I'll have to call PM next week to get an ETA on my 728vt.
Did you also get the DRO with your mill? From their web site it seems that mills with DRO will ship later. This may be why I'm still waiting.
Yes, I got the DRO and the power drive for the table and the stand..the ones with the DRO do take longer to get but it’s worth the wait and they did an excellent job installing it. That wait is hard but when you get it you will forget about it...:)

On Wednesday a PM sales rep told me they are expecting a shipment of 728s next week and that the DROs are in stock. They also said a new order that day would likely be shipped mid-October because there are quite a few installations that need to happen once the 728s arrive.

On Wednesday a PM sales rep told me they are expecting a shipment of 728s next week and that the DROs are in stock. They also said a new order that day would likely be shipped mid-October because there are quite a few installations that need to happen once the 728s arrive.
I was starting to think that PM forgot about me.
I just checked with PM and the salesman told me that they expect another shipment for the 728 in 2 weeks only. Add a couple of weeks to install the DRO and I might get mine delivered sometime in November.

I bought mine on June 3rd.

I'm surprised they ship them with the head upright.

My initial ETA for my machines was August. Im still waiting. Shipping has been a nightmare lately. Ordered in April.

Back