Work Shop Talk - Tour of my Work Shop

That is a awesome use of space. I think my shop is small but compared to yours it’s huge. Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exceptional use of space, I believe you have done it;, stored 10 ton of tools and parts in a 5 ton space. No doubt a lot of effort and planning went into your shop. Very impressive.
.Have a good day
Ray

Exceptional use of space, I believe you have done it;, stored 10 ton of tools and parts in a 5 ton space. No doubt a lot of effort and planning went into your shop. Very impressive.
.Have a good day
Ray

Thanks Ray, its just taken shape over the decades and sort of morphed into what it is.

Now, on a more serious note. That's very impressive. I noticed one area where you might be able to make a modest improvement. In one section of your shop you have what looks like five separate sets of combination wrenches hanging on the wall. I had an issue with storage of mine as well and made some racks that I mounted on my rolling tool cart. I was able to store all of my sets - plus some other tools - in a relatively small amount of space by hanging them sideways instead of flat. Below are some pictures. Might not work in your situation, but if it does you could probably cut the amount of wall space in half. Room for a boat load more multiplying screwdrivers!

Regards,
Terry

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

Now, on a more serious note. That's very impressive. I noticed one area where you might be able to make a modest improvement. In one section of your shop you have what looks like five separate sets of combination wrenches hanging on the wall. I had an issue with storage of mine as well and made some racks that I mounted on my rolling tool cart. I was able to store all of my sets - plus some other tools - in a relatively small amount of space by hanging them sideways instead of flat. Below are some pictures. Might not work in your situation, but if it does you could probably cut the amount of wall space in half. Room for a boat load more multiplying screwdrivers!

Regards,
Terry

View attachment 298170

View attachment 298171
Nice idea that Terry think ill cut some slots in some angle and do the same

Reactions: tjb
Very clever idea Terry and a real space saver. I'd like to do something like that on hinges, like a fold out door from the wall where the spanners are. That would give me two extra sides of the door for storage.
Thanks, very neat idea.

Reactions: tjb
Very clever idea Terry and a real space saver. I'd like to do something like that on hinges, like a fold out door from the wall where the spanners are. That would give me two extra sides of the door for storage.
Thanks, very neat idea.
That's a great idea. A few years ago, I actually made a hinged rack similar to what you're describing. I welded various sizes of pipe to each hinged rail, cut to about 1" - 1 1/2" lengths, which were the right diameter to hold small medicine bottles. Great for organizing small machining parts. Worked out very nicely, but I replaced it recently with a rotisserie design that holds quite a bit more containers.

Post pictures if you decide to make a folding set of shelves. I'd like to see it.

Regards,
Terry

I reconize a few of those drivers. I just tossed a yellow and black handled cross point screwdriver in the needs refurbishing pile. Handle rubber finally wore through after 12 years of everyday use.

Attachments

• IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
Back