Work Pics

altobe

Registered
Registered
These are some other parts that went to the same tracing system:

This is one of the completed units (a small one). These are pressure tested to 330 psi for 2 hours with no allowable pressure drop.

These are called thermal wells, a thermometer is screwed in the opening to monitor the oil temperature:

Some more work

Well I hope you enjoy looking at them, I sure enjoyed making them! :) I have tons more pics for the next installment! Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Great pics of amazing work!

I am not a welder, but your welds look super neat and consistent.

Please feel free to post more!

Nelson

Nice to have a positioner, eh? I build one out of a clapped out rotary table and an old wire feed motor and controller connected to a foot pedal. Sure spoiled me.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Yes Tony, the positioner is very nice but ours is very small, I can only use it for the smallest work. Only the tees at the top of the page were welded with it.

Tonight when I get home I'll post up some structural flux core pics,

Take it easy

Regarding the picture commenting about the pressure test, what test medium is used? I would assume pneumatic as opposed to liquid given the comment regarding no allowable pressure drop and this must be in a fairly even temperature environment. Also what method of recording pressure do you use, deadweights, chart recorder of guage and witness?

Nice job too!

author=November X-ray link=topic=2946.msg20572#msg20572 date=1312405960
Regarding the picture commenting about the pressure test, what test medium is used? I would assume pneumatic as opposed to liquid given the comment regarding no allowable pressure drop and this must be in a fairly even temperature environment. Also what method of recording pressure do you use, deadweights, chart recorder of guage and witness?

Nice job too!
The test is with argon gas and gauge & witness.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
author=Mayhem link=topic=2946.msg20645#msg20645 date=1312438199
Nice work Alex - could you (or Tony) post some pics of the positioner please? Is the box section a rest for the torch?

I have been thinking of making one for a while but it hasn't eventuated. It has to be easier that trying to shuffle around the object and not get caught up in the umbilical or ground lead.
Thank you!

I'll try to remember to get more pics tomorrow for ya. The tubing you see is a rest for my hand.

author=Mayhem link=topic=2946.msg20645#msg20645 date=1312438199

I have been thinking of making one for a while but it hasn't eventuated. It has to be easier that trying to shuffle around the object and not get caught up in the umbilical or ground lead.
Here is one I found on the net that I thought was quite nice. I love the idea of mounting it on the engine stand so that it can be tilted as well.

Weldingpositioner.jpg

Back