Wiring for Enco 92030 12x36

The design of the Enco reversing contactor uses normally open and normally closed auxiliary switches to provide the interlock for directional control of the contactor
That was done as well with the wye-delta starters in case the mechanical connection broke. I don’t know if this device does that, I couldn’t find anything with that model number, but it does look like one.

Edit: I was a bit tired when I wrote that last night, a better description is the electrical control contacts are used to close the contactors the same as with any other relay, and the circuit is designed so that only one can close at a time just like if the interlock is not there. The mechanical interlock is a safety device and does not do any switching, it’s just there to ensure both contactors never close at the same time. These are used in wye-delta starting since if both contactors close at the same time, there will be a short circuit and a very large arc flash.

Last edited:
Yes, on systems with two separate contactors, the coils are cross-connected with NC contacts so that only one can pull at a time
A fail-safe or "lockout"

I've just purchased an ENCO 92030 from an auction and I'm completely confused as how to wire this thing. As I was leaving the place of business that I picked up the lathe at, one of the employees that used the lathe warned me it was wired for 3 phase. Looking at the plug it appears he was right, but I'm not sure. Is this thing really 3 phase? If it is 3 phase how do IView attachment 458447View attachment 458448View attachment 458449 wire this thing for 110v or 220v, do I need to only change the wiring in the motor or do I need to change something in the electrical panel also?
The plug you are holding has 2 hots 1 neutral and a ground, The 220V is better and the motor says 7 amps so you need a 220 15 AMP Plug and breaker, only because 220V 10A breakers are like hen's teeth. Normally this size is a 3 prong plug, 2 hots and 1 neutral but you could wire is with 4 I recon.... If you are in a Home Cheapo they sell the Ugly's electric book, yellow cover with red writing, its worth its weight in gold for electrical questions....

Well, the lathe works great after I put on a standard 220v plug, however, the motor spins backwards.

Anybody have an idea on how to change the rotation of the motor? My on/ off switch only has standard rotation.

On the terminal strip, swap the Red U with the Black W wires on the lower portion of the terminal strip

Back