Wiring for Enco 92030 12x36

Flitzer

Registered
Registered
I've just purchased an ENCO 92030 from an auction and I'm completely confused as how to wire this thing. As I was leaving the place of business that I picked up the lathe at, one of the employees that used the lathe warned me it was wired for 3 phase. Looking at the plug it appears he was right, but I'm not sure. Is this thing really 3 phase? If it is 3 phase how do IIMG_2043 (002).jpgIMG_2056 (002).jpgIMG_2058 (002).jpg wire this thing for 110v or 220v, do I need to only change the wiring in the motor or do I need to change something in the electrical panel also?

I don’t see on the motor tag anything that says 3 phase. Up at the top of the motor tag it clearly shows ”1Phase”.
You could have 240 plus a neutral for 120 and a ground on that plug.

It looks like it was wired to use a single phase from a 3-phase outlet- it's a 1 phase motor, says so right on it.
How many wires are going from the plug to the contactor box? Open up the plug and inspect it..
two power wires and a ground is what I think you'll find
So basically it looks like the machine will run on 220 volts just fine- just change the plug
That's an unusual dual contactor, must be ancient
I see a white wire near the long terminal strip that's floating free- you might put some tape on that till you find out if
it needs to connect anywhere or not

Last edited:
It's a 1hp motor and claims 14amp @ 120 or 7 amps @ 240. I don't see how it could be 3 phase. They might just be using 2 legs of the 3 phase.

Are there any accessories that run on 120 (power feed, DRO...)? If so, how/where are they powered.

this panel is a single phase panel.
the R and T terminals are the single phase input

That's an unusual dual contactor, must be ancient
That looks similar to the interlocking contactors we used for wye-delta starting of motors for centrifuges about 30 years ago. It has a mechanical linkage that prevents operation of both outputs, so if one side is powered, the other side can’t engage until the initial side deenergizes.

That looks similar to the interlocking contactors we used for wye-delta starting of motors for centrifuges about 30 years ago. It has a mechanical linkage that prevents operation of both outputs, so if one side is powered, the other side can’t engage until the initial side deenergizes.
The design of the Enco reversing contactor uses normally open and normally closed auxiliary switches to provide the interlock for directional control of the contactor

Back