Wilton Vice

dlane

Active User
Registered
picked up this Wilton vice at a garage sale and was wondering if there is something missing where the shaft goes into the vice body, should there be a seal of some sort to keep out the junk, seems to be a counterbore
Where it goes into the vice thinking something should go there. Don't know the name of the shaft the screw goes thru sorry, you can kinda see the counterbore in the pic below image.jpgimage.jpg
Also the only numbers I found on it is 110058 would that be the model number ?. The bolt hole spacing on the base , there are two holes wider than the other two would that be the front when mounted ?.
Thanks for any info

Last edited:
You might try and find your vise on the Wilton site and look under parts for it. They also have some manuals online.

Nothing goes into that space on mine. Not sure about the numbers or the bolt spacing, Derrick.

I have that same vice, nothing is missing on mine and it looks the same.

^^^^^what they said^^^^I really like it! You should consider making some copper jaws for that puppy.

Derrick,

That vise is too big for your needs, you need to send it down here to me.:grin::grin::grin:

image.jpg Hi all , will aluminum jaws also work , started making them already ,they are slip ins the holes were already there, I have some 1/4" x2" copper
what is the advantage of copper over aluminum for soft jaws ?.
Ken I keep my big vice outside next to my anvil, it's been beat to he!! for twenty yrs And still works ok think it came from Taiwan ,the Wilton won't be abused like that one. A friend of mine has a big Morgan and three Wilton's all came from nasa, he has connections
Thanks

Functionally, I don't see a lot of difference between aluminum and copper. Personally, I use those magnetic rubber jaw liners and a few pieces of aluminum angle on my Wilton and Parker vises when they're needed. I much prefer a smooth solid steel jaw on a vise for most work. Luckily, Wilton still sells smooth jaws for these things.

The bolt hole spacing on the base , there are two holes wider than the other two would that be the front when mounted ?.
Thanks for any info
I'd suggest loosening the base clamp screws and rotating the vise as far as it will go in either direction. Then pick the "middle" and mount accordingly. It may well be that the previous owner widened some of the holes for whatever bolts he had on hand.

Back