Wilton R8 collets from Zoro?

Crawford (P-B) is no longer making R8 round smooth collets, is what I meant. Good collets for the money. PB is still making other Crawford collets and workholding., but not R8's.

Crawford makes good R8 collets. I agree with Emilio - it is one of the top brand collets to buy while you can.

Good to know, I never payed attention to quality R8 collets. I just always thought Lyndex was a good brand to buy. I'm still using the China set that came free with my mill, well sort of. The only R8 collet I use is 1/2" & sometime in the near future 7/8" but it won't be often.

Good to know, I never payed attention to quality R8 collets. I just always thought Lyndex was a good brand to buy. I'm still using the China set that came free with my mill, well sort of. The only R8 collet I use is 1/2" & sometime in the near future 7/8" but it won't be often.

Lyndex IS a good brand to buy. So is Crawford.

I have a couple old Royal collets in useful tooling shank sizes, NOS. They are really nice, and saved for special work...

Ditto on the Royals, wish I could find more B&S #9s; hard to find
Mark

New quality R8's are hard to find. Probably Lyndex is a good price/quality compromise and still available.
All my R8 collets are Bridgeport branded. They are very hard to find anymore in good shape. Took a long time scrounging on ebay and auctions but finally got a full set in 16ths with several 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 duplicates.
(the older ones that were still engraved with the logo not the newer etched type.) A big difference to note is the one pc solid design vs the threaded drawbar part in back being pressed and staked in. I like the older one pc design.
I looked and there are a couple Hardinge in my collection. Those are NLA also.

Back