Wilton 3" bullet vise

Thanks. I noticed the broken support. I wouldn't mind fixing that for cosmetic reasons but my cast iron welding skills are about zero. I don't plan to sell the vise, just strip the yellow paint, clean it up, grease it and use it.

Thanks. I noticed the broken support. I wouldn't mind fixing that for cosmetic reasons but my cast iron welding skills are about zero. I don't plan to sell the vise, just strip the yellow paint, clean it up, grease it and use it.
Ductile iron/cast iron can be challenging to weld, so I get that. For purely cosmetic purposes you could probably build it up with epoxy putty and then machine the ledge to match what's left and nobody would notice. In theory, the jaw supports don't do much if a vise is used just as a vise....start hammering on stuff in it and everything changes. Used with that in mind it'll be a handy addition for sure.

Wilton never named a vise a "bullet vise". Only leeches who want to buy/spray/flip vises use that term. If I ever see the word "bullet" I move on. Wilton made machinist vises and tradesman vises. Period.

Wilton never named a vise a "bullet vise". Only leeches who want to buy/spray/flip vises use that term. If I ever see the word "bullet" I move on. Wilton made machinist vises and tradesman vises. Period.

That's good... that leaves more of them available for the rest of us...

-Bear

You should let Wilton know they don't know their own product!

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 2.38.08 PM.png

Back