Why i like this website.

cgcwmec627

Registered
Registered
Decided to look into the issue I was having with my heavy 10 SB carriage lock not tightening up like it should.
Thought at first it might be stripping out the threads.
Come to find that someone,previous owner, had put in a modified washer and regular nut in place of the carriage nut.At least the ways where the nut and washer were contacting it are not damaged.However I didn't have a nut with the correct deminsions.
So I decided to come here and see if anyone can provide the information I'm looking for, but first I check the files to see if I can find it there.
Sure enough a file with the dimensions I'm looking for is there,very nice resource to be able to use.
I've only been here a few months but find the degree of knowledge of members and the available resources to be exceptional.
That's why I like this site.

The original lock (bolt) was a high square head bolt with an integral round collar atm the bottom to bear against the saddle wing, the tool post wrench was used to tighten/loosen it.

The original lock (bolt) was a high square head bolt with an integral round collar at the bottom to bear against the saddle wing, The tool post wrench was used to tighten/loosen it.
The lock bolt was original. It's the the nut that wasn't.

Attachments

• -Saddle Lock Heavy 10.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Back