Wholesale Tool 13x40 Lathe

mmprestine

Registered
Registered
Well with the 25% off sale that Wholesale Tool is having I decided that I needed a bigger lathe. With the 25% off I ended up purchasing the WT 13x40 for $2,621.25. All in all it seems to be a very good lathe and is the older standard that Enco and many others sold and at this price it seemed a good value. Either way it will be a nice step up from my current Grizzly G0602 lathe that I have had since 2009. Now I just have to decide if I keep both or sell the 10x22. It should be here tomorrow so I will post pictures then.

If you have the room and the finances it is always nice to have a 2nd lathe to do that job that you can't because you the other machine setup and are waiting for parts, another tool, additional dimensions etc.

I like having multiple machines spanning different work envelopes. My little SB is going to get modded a bit to resemble a DV59 second op lathe (although no where as nice, or expensive, or heavy...) :)

Yes I just might have to keep both. The 13x40 was such a good deal at this price for the lathe, stand, and accessories that came with it. Every other place was just about this price + the G0602 on top so maybe I can just act like I got that for free! :) Yea thats it, free 10x22! Anyway, I have the G0602 setup just how I like it, and dialed in for some nice precision work, and it would make a nice small cnc although I don't ever run that many duplicates of parts. The lathe is here in the shipping department at my work and looks to be in great shipping condition. Wont open it until I get it home in the next days.

Back