Who Made This Drill Press?

pgmrdan

Registered
Registered
I can't find a tag on the hood over the pulley or on the column. Where else should I look? Any guesses as to who made this? (Ignore the color. The previous owner was an Allis-Chalmers collector.)

b2278f05-e0a8-473c-845a-76892725658a_zps1io6hiib.jpg

DSCF0263_zpsve2ycj5n.jpg

DSCF0262_zpsacw38omz.jpg

It looks like an old Delta

EDIT: Maybe a Walker-Turner

Last edited:
Looks somewhat like an old 'Buffalo' drill press. But then, a lot of them look alike. It would more than likely say Buffalo on it somewhere if it was though.

You all are wrong, but good guesses. I am 100% sure you have a Canedy-Otto 16" bench top drill press.

I own the same machine.

Matt

You all are wrong, but good guesses. I am 100% sure you have a Canedy-Otto 16" bench top drill press.

I own the same machine.

Matt
I think we have a winner:encourage:

That looks like it. Yep, we have a winner.

It just has so many things wrong with it right now. I think it's going to take forever to find parts for it but it should be a lot of fun to get it working.

Is this a good brand and model of drill press? Is it worth restoring?

Now those have what appears to be a very stout return spring mechanism.
The one on my Duro - sucks.

Yes, totally worth restoring.
It's really a beast of a machine, weight wise; much heavier duty than anything modern in it's size.

Years ago, I swapped out the original motor for a variable speed conveyor belt (treadmill style) motor and it's worked very well. I also re-turned the jacobs taper to get very little (.0002") total runout and added a new chuck.

There is a fellow locally in Southern California who restored the same DP and is trying to sell it on Craig's for about $750. I can't find the add right now but I just sent him a message asking for the photos.

Back