Who are the Rolls Royce of the manual machine world?

I think there are a lot of answers, because most people here don't have access to many machine tools, and even fewer can actually operate them, so his answer is limited to the equipment he has operated. Moreover, everyone's habits and feedback on the machine tool will be very different.

My own excessive use is also very little, but I roughly summed up an answer (only my own feeling) : in the basic mechanical structure can perfectly meet the accuracy requirements of the premise, more smooth, rounded lines will make the machine look more upscale, more use of electromagnetic clutch, electromagnetic brake, will make the machine easier to operate, but also make the user easier to master. It is also a very important consideration for the machine to have more space for modification.

Because I try to adapt every machine tool I use to suit my habits, my answer is this: When you buy the machine tool you want and you make it the perfect makeover - you get a Rolls Royce!

found this:

Rolls Royce apparently bought Sentinel Wagon works

So does that mean Rolls was a lathe producer themselves at one time in the past?

also Found this quote:

Henry Royce had a Rivett lathe in his own home workshop.

Last edited:
found this:

Rolls Royce apparently bought Sentinel Wagon works

So does that mean Rolls was a lathe producer themselves at on time in the past?

also Found this quote:

Henry Royce had a Rivett lathe in his own home workshop.
Had to look it up... nice lathe.

Rivett Lathe.jpg

Back