Which 1 1/4" end mill holder?

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
There are several single set screw, and 2 set screw, plus multiple vendors....

Which 1 1/4" end mill holder?​

Well , one of mine of course ! :big grin: Just kiddin Mike . I may have an extra but a single screw is enough . Any quality brand that runs true and if it doesn't , send it back .

I can wait to see if you can find your spare. There are one or two that look like decent quality online also...

Recommended, and reasonable cost at $58.63. Add something else and get free shipping. They have a wide assortment of lathe inserts, drills, taps, etc. all very good quality stuff.
Brand: SOWA TOOL & MACHINE CO. LTD 534-074
ALL GROUND BODY FORGED CONSTRUCTION
1-1/4"1.2500"31.75MM
Weight: 2.9 LBS

Awfully big end mill, I max out at 1" on my knee mill and use and ER40 holder, smaller end mills I either use R8 collets or and ER32 holder with bearing nuts. If I need to remove a lot of material I use a 3/4" or 7/8" rougher.

Thanks mark, I was looking at that one last night. I needed to slot a channel in an aluminum piece to fit roll cage padding(2") an a dragster. My other attempts with a boring head radius, and manual slotting didn't look all that good. Just trying a different approach....

The slot needed to slip over the roll cage padding at 2" wide with that radius.

I would use a 7/8" rougher 5 flute climb cutting for slotting, it clears the chips much quicker then a standard end mill, use some air and light coolant. They are not center cutting, so primarily slotting and cutting steps.

I'll try that, thank you.

Back