Where To Buy Project 70 316 Ss

Playingwithmetal

Registered
Registered
Hey everyone,
I am making some parts out of 316 ss that have a lot of machining involved. Slotting facing ect... The machining time is a lot and I am interested in trying some project 70 316 ss. I have read a lot about it and heard the project 70 316 machines more like 303. If that is true it will save me a lot of time. Have any of you worked with project 70 yet? Also where can it be bought. Alexamdriaprecision has it in precision ground round bar stock but I need 3/16"x 1"x12" rectangular stock. Any helpful info will be much appreciated. I hope to find a small quantity supplier to purchase from.
Thanks in advance,
Dylan

That is a Carpenter proprietary material and will not be easily sourced or available in small pieces at hobbyist prices or the particular size that you require.

I suspect that is is aimed at the screw machine market therefore it will be round and ground for Swiss lathe use.

As a side note, my employer recently received a Request For Quote for parts in 317 alloy stainless, he could not find suitable material anywhere so he turned it down.

Last edited:
Back