Where are these used?

WesPete66

Active User
Registered
I bought a tool box containing misc drill bits, and a number of the bits were installed into these holders. They are drill bit holders, but where are they used? Is there a specific machine application where they are used? Are they usable items, or obsolete?
The smaller OD measures .870, and the larger OD is 1.355". Overall length is 3", with the "hub" being .625 thick. Actually they vary a bit in overall & hub length.
The ID is sized to the specific drill bit, which is held in place with a set screw.
Thanks!!
IMG~2-1.jpgIMG~2-2.jpg

I would take a guess and say, perhaps some sort of multiple (gang) drilling machine, perhaps shop made.

Similar bushings can be used to adapt a smaller diameter boring bar to a larger diameter tool holder.
If any are soft enough for you to modify (to fit your tool holders), maybe you could use some.

can you adjust the depth of the drill bit? maybe they are for controlling the depth of the drilled hole

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like they are for some specific, maybe shop specific, application. Unless someone else can use them, guess they'll go in the material bin.

I bought a tool box containing misc drill bits, and a number of the bits were installed into these holders. They are drill bit holders, but where are they used? Is there a specific machine application where they are used? Are they usable items, or obsolete?
The smaller OD measures .870, and the larger OD is 1.355". Overall length is 3", with the "hub" being .625 thick. Actually they vary a bit in overall & hub length.
The ID is sized to the specific drill bit, which is held in place with a set screw.
Thanks!!
View attachment 371109View attachment 371110
These are reducers that can be used on any machine tool they will fit. Or modify them for your needs.
not much resale value.

And I completely forgot to mention... (CRS)
These drill bits are all coolant fed through. Are coolant fed machines common amongst our hobby group?
Is there any way to identify whether they are carbide or not?

Back