Where and If to Post?

bcall2043

Active User
Registered
As some of you know I am a tool addict and always looking for another treasure to rescue and adopt from the junk yard. The yard sometimes receives machines or tooling that I have no need (want) for but someone else may be looking for or need parts from. In the past I have posted some scrap yard items in the “for sale area” which has helped other forum members to connect with the seller. I’m not sure if this is okay to do anymore as the new classified section does not seem to lend itself to that type of post. Recently a couple of machines have been received at the scrap yard, a Monarch lathe and a Cincinnati universal grinder.

My question is it okay to post these on The Hobby Machinist forum and if so where?

I cannot provide selling cost but would include some initial photos and information to connect forum members with an employee at the scrap yard. I have told the scrap yard manager that these machines are a little large for most hobbyist and a little old for most commercial shops and will probably not sell quickly He has agreed to selling parts and tooling from this machines if they don’t move quickly.

If okay to post here and there is interest, I will be more than willing to get additional requested photos and any information about availability of particular parts a forum member is looking for. If needed I can also remove any parts needed if it is within my abilities since I am always looking for an excuse to visit the yard. The visits are part of my multi-step plan to cure my addiction!

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Benny, I think that would be very helpful. For now, put things you see at the scrapyards in the Members Hangout. I'll give this some thought and see if there is a better place.

I think the Classifieds Ads in this forum is the perfect place for that.

Classifieds are for people selling things, or looking to buy things. This is not the case here. Benny is simply providing a referral service, in a manner of speaking.

So, where are the pictures? We all are interested in old machines and big is not always a bad thing.

………... For now, put things you see at the scrapyards in the Members Hangout………...
Thanks Tony, I will do.

How about in the "Craigs List" section, at least for now
Thanks to Charley I have rediscovered two obscure areas of the forum this week. First the “Classified Ads” which I thought had gone away along with the “Auctions” until Charley started to ask questions about it. More recently he mentioned the “Craigs List” area above in this thread. The interesting thing about the “Craigs List” area is the sticky was left open and there appears to have little activity and only a few post until you read the open sticky where many members are “sticking” their posts. I guess that is what that is what is meant by "sticky". :rofl: There are just so many areas you get use to looking at the new post only and miss things if you can't view the forum very often. This has been aggravated by my having to be back and forth between home and Texas due to poor health in the family.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

How about a scrapyard section? I'm sure all of us at one time or another have seen scrap machines setting around that we have no use for but someone here might need only a part off of to finish a project. You never know what somebody is rebuilding. Just a thought.......

How about a scrapyard section? ...............

I was making a point above that there are already so many sections it is difficult to keep track of where to post or look....just my opinion for what its worth.

Benny

Back