What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

My 5 cents, I have dealt with Aili EX twice. Recently for a 3 Axis dro. my questions were answered promptly and by a person who actually knew his product. (And English) . Double bonus right there. Easy to deal with folks , Free shipping and reasonable time for shipping/ DSL.
what vender did you buy from

I have bought from Aliexpress in the past but no more. I found that any savings on sume things, and the quality is not worth the long arrival times and the head aches of tring to get customer service issues settled, just is not worth the trouble. I just don’t buy from main land china at all. If a vendor as a U.S. suppler then I will consider buying China. like Shars, Presion Mathes, Grizzly and a few others like Amazon. I don’t buy from chinabay sellers either.
CH

I recently bought a set of ER32 collets (2mm to 20mm), an MT3 ER32 chuck and spanner wrench from BangGood. It took about 4 weeks to receive the parts that were in stock and another 4 weeks for the spanner that was on back order. Everything arrived OK. I made my own 36mm wrench for the chuck from some 3/16 material it had.

The collet chuck had runout of about 0.005. Not too good. I was able to regrind it to about 0.0015 with my toolpost grinder made from a Harbor Freight flexible shaft grinder. Each of the collets needed some tweaking with the grinder. All in all I'm moderately satisfied. Total price: about $80.

Glen

Interesting post. 8 weeks to get the parts, and what was received was a sort of kit of partially machined parts that you have to finish yourself. The
fact that gzoerner was basically satisfied shows how different expectations can be and at $80.00, at least the price was good. After reading
posts like this, and discussions of HF etc., it boils down to the fact that when ordering Chinese stuff, you just are rolling the dice, and when
the parts arrive you find out what came up.

a month later and still waiting for ali express buyer protection to give me the refund that they awarded me in this dispute.

just to lighten things up, in my dispute with an ali express dro seller who claimed to be a company store but who knows i see multiple supposed factory stores , one of his reasons he posted in my dispute

"why i give the buyer 540mm, because this is normal phenomenal on scales, the scales will have aging phenomenon when you use it one year later, so we usually give you more 20mm, normal buyer know it is ok and happy"

BUYER BEWARE is the bottom line.

In the sellers defense many of the DRO "brokers" have sold many of the scales to the customers requested sizes only to have the buyer return them because they were too short. So they default to a 10MM over length on each end of the sweep . Just because you can measure accurately the seller has many or maybe even most of their buyers that are not as proficient as yourself.

In the sellers defense many of the DRO "brokers" have sold many of the scales to the customers requested sizes only to have the buyer return them because they were too short. So they default to a 10MM over length on each end of the sweep . Just because you can measure accurately the seller has many or maybe even most of their buyers that are not as proficient as yourself.
Agreed. Buyers do not seem to understand, regardless of the instructions supplied, that fitting a scale that is the same length as the axis travel is nearly impossible to do without causing problems in use, it will result in crashes. Buyers also often use the axis travel listed on the manual, sometimes a manual found online. It is simply asking for trouble to not have some extra travel beyond what the axis is actually capable of moving. It also makes it a lot easier to install the scale without a lot of hassle. A scale shorter than the axis travel, or mounted so either or both ends are short of the axis travel, can and WILL get broken at some point, good intentions not withstanding. Murphy's Law...

all great reasons to use magnetic scales that can be cut to length :)

I have used aliexpress a few times with great success. My glass DRO scales came from there and no problems. Came to the length I ordered. Just wish I ordered a longer Z axis

I will add to this conversation. Ordered a SNS-3V 3 axis DRO from Shenzhen Siton Technology on AliExpress. The guy is Wilson Huang. They sent me the 3 glass scales but the head was a two axis SNS-2V. He wants me to ship just the head back at my expense and he will ship a new 3 axis head. GRRRRR. Should have just bought from Precision Matthews and been done.

Back