What's the Pitch?

I'm not one for pleasure boating. I wpould never go on a pleasure cruise unless I was able to troll a line from the stern. My idea of boat travel is getting from point A to point B. But I do enjoy fishing. It is one of the few pastimes where you can completely divorce yourself from the most troublesome problems. To that end, a boat and motor become a necessity.

I've enjoyed sailing on and off since I was about 14. Photo above was my last boat that we sailed and raced out of Grand Traverse Yacht Club in Traverse City, MI. Her name was Masse and she's gone on to a new owner now.

Hope the rest of your season is nothing but joy....

John

I'm not one for pleasure boating. I wpould never go on a pleasure cruise unless I was able to troll a line from the stern. My idea of boat travel is getting from point A to point B. But I do enjoy fishing. It is one of the few pastimes where you can completely divorce yourself from the most troublesome problems. To that end, a boat and motor become a necessity.
I'm more about sailing, which allows me to be busy, and at the mercy of the wind and being able to figure out what I need to do to make it from point a to b.

I don't own a sailboat, I took lessons, crewed and then rented it while up in Newport RI... just to explain how minimal my sailing experience is.

I've enjoyed sailing on and off since I was about 14. Photo above was my last boat that we sailed and raced out of Grand Traverse Yacht Club in Traverse City, MI. Her name was Masse and she's gone on to a new owner now.

Hope the rest of your season is nothing but joy....

John

Traverse city is about 65 miles from me!

I live surrounded by water, but do not partake if any water sports myself. I’m a workaholic instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traverse city is about 65 miles from me!

I live surrounded by water, but do not partake if any water sports myself. I’m a workaholic instead.

Petoskey is another beautiful spot, we sold our home in Elk Rapids this summer and I have yet to find a boat to crew on here in Santa Cruz, CA.

Definitely recommend getting out on the water, Wednesday night races are the perfect solution as it forces you to show up every week through the summer.

John

Petoskey is another beautiful spot, we sold our home in Elk Rapids this summer and I have yet to find a boat to crew on here in Santa Cruz, CA.

Definitely recommend getting out on the water, Wednesday night races are the perfect solution as it forces you to show up every week through the summer.

John

I used to have a friend that sailboat raced every Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought it was out of Charlevoix. But that was over 25 years ago.

I never got into sailing. I don't live on the water so owning a sailboat isn't practical for me. The lakes in Madison are the only lakes nearby where sailing is practical and the marinas there are in a high rent district.

My former business partner was and is a consummate sailor. He has made multiple transoceanic voyages in his 25' sailboat. He and his wife crewed for Ted Turner and in fact were married at sea by him. He took myself and some friends from the UK for a short cruise out of Buzzard's Bay in Massachusetts a few years back; my only sailing experience.

I used to have a friend that sailboat raced every Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought it was out of Charlevoix. But that was over 25 years ago.

Yes, Charlevoix Yacht Club. I raced the Red Fox there one year on a beautiful J 109

IMG_3295.jpg

Back