What might this be?

autonoz

Active User
Registered
This was in a box of old lathe parts I purchased today. I don't think it has anything to do with a lathe. It kind of looks like a spring compressor. Any ideas?

springcomp.JPG

It does look like a spring compressor but the handle seems a little small

This was in a box of old lathe parts I purchased today. I don't think it has anything to do with a lathe. It kind of looks like a spring compressor. Any ideas?

Not sure just what it is. Must be a shop made tool. The knob makes me think it is designed for light duty. Maybe a welding jig. Nice find

:thinking:,
it's some sort of compressor ,
it has acme threads on the rod so it was made to apply a lot of force even with a small wheel.
what specifically it is for , i don't know.

my guess is that moveable jaw is reversed, and the tool is an old tire bead breaker.

If the left jaw was turned around, you could use it to pull a very large roller chain together. Other than that :dunno:

maybe it's a headlight bezel stretcher ?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

maybe it's a headlight bezel stretcher ?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Y'know, just the other day I was thinking to myself... "self, you need to get your headlight bezels stretched". I wonder if he'll sell it? :biggrin:

GG

If Your Auto mechanic gets ahold of one it would be a wallet stretcher.

It's a left hand Stromberg carburetor nut wrench for a '37 packard stright 8.Can also be used to hold the turkey open to put in the stuffing.
**********Just Saying**********Gator**********
:rofl::lmao:

########################################

Back