What kind of dividing head is this?

The problem is that I don't need it and I doubt I'll ever really need it or will have the skills to use it.

It is an interesting setup and would be great as a tool conversation starter but that is not worth my $600.

I'm just going to keep looking for a decent dividing head, they seem to be plenty full around here.

It is a damn nice tool though and I hope someone picks it up and uses it, it's been for sale for months and according to the seller I was the first person that responded.

I'm not sure it really has all the gears. There is a break in size graduation in the stack of gears shown. Too big a jump in size after the 4th. gear down. The rest of the stack goes evenly up in diameters,if you see what I mean.I could be wrong as I don't do spiral milling that much.

There are 2 gears attached to the back end of the head. Maybe they are the one(s) that seem to be missing. The head also has the quadrant,which is rare to find,but no studs to mount the gears on. You could likely make the studs,though.

All the gears are there with no missing teeth.

It is a nice set.

That is a universal dividing head, and that price is pretty good for it.
Those have been largely replaced by the capability of CNC driven machines.

Ray

Back