What is this thing

Stan the Man

Registered
Registered
1649830360244.pngI came across this thing on Pintrest trying to figure out what it is what it is used for any body got any thoughts? thanks
Stan

Post the link and maybe we can translate. If it is a taper attachment, I don't see how it tapers. The two holes on "turning" bar are fixed. No give. Maybe I'm just not looking at it right.

I haven't figured it out either . :grin: I thought one pivoted , but maybe not , we may have to wait for Bemmy to figure this one out ! :encourage:

Looks like a circle cutter for a cutting torch.
This one would allow permitting a specific radius.
I've been thinking of fabing a cutting pantograph. But fear I'd covet the floor space it would require when not in use.
I like the control which this design offers.
Wondering if you have a copy of this which shows better detail.

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Looks like a circle cutter for a cutting torch.
This one would allow permitting a specific radius.
I've been thinking of fabing a cutting pantograph. But fear I'd covet the floor space it would require when not in use.
I like the control which this design offers.
Wondering if you have a copy of this which shows better detail.

Thank you,
Daryl
MN
I am sure its a circle cutter as well. The protractor is for cutting a specific degree length slot. I really don't think its for a torch however.

That looks straight from the pages of Mechanicos Popularos! I like how it uses a dime store protractor. What I am most curious about is what the parts shown at the top of the group of three at the very bottom center of the diagram do.

10 minutes later...

Aww heck. Spoiler alert.

HERRAMIENTA-RADIAL-DE-GRAN-UTILIDAD-ENERO-1955-001-copia.jpg

HERRAMIENTA-RADIAL-DE-GRAN-UTILIDAD-ENERO-1955-002-copia.jpg

HERRAMIENTA-RADIAL-DE-GRAN-UTILIDAD-ENERO-1955-003-copia.jpg

Pontiac 428
Thank you for finding and publishing as Paul Harvey used to say "The Rest Of The Story" and thank you to everyone else who weighed in. As I said I found this on Pinterest only showing the overview drawing and nothing else. I tried to locate the rest of the article but had no success. Going to get this translated to understand its uses better. at first I thought it might be some kind of indexing jig for making or laying out gears. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Back