What is this on my Apron?

Brento

Registered
Registered
I have been meaning to ask. What is this for on my apron? Most i have seen do not have it. This is a SB9A.

Attachments

• BD851361-C634-4DE4-A455-3EF7BC35E692.jpeg
    BD851361-C634-4DE4-A455-3EF7BC35E692.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 110
Appears to be mountings for travel stop lever. Check in the manuals for travel disengage levers

With the hole in your cross slide, it looks like a shop-made handlever rig-up for the cross slide.

The crosslide hole is tapped. I figured for a stop of some sort. Idr from when i took it apart. I do have the taper attachment for this but it still never attached to the clevis.

A lever would attach to the clevis and the cross slide hole, remove the cross slide nut screw, then the cross slide is moved with the lever.

That hole is for sure for a thread stop. Im on lathes uk again just to see if i can find anything again. I have looked before.

I was referring to the hole on the side, not the front.

Ahh gotcha. It does appear to be an add on. Possible not from factory as i havent seen anything.

Brento, is this the rare gap-bed SB9 lathe?
the details of the apron seem to look kinda like a combination of earlier heavy 9 (4 spoke carriage handwheel) & later (mid 30’s on) lighter SB9.
I‘ve never seen the clevis attachment on any SB9.
But there is no end to the things I don’t know or have never seen.
Cheers

I really dont have any information on this lathe. No date or anything. I can get the serial number but i never sent it in. And I always forget to check the database to get an idea of when it was made.

Back