• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • NOTICE: There are two new video channel areas set up, one for staff, and one for subscribing members. You need to create a folder. Then add your media to that folder. Once added, you can cut and paste the code at the bottom right to embed the media into a post on the forum.

It works very similarly to YouTube, except videos are stored on our server. Click Here For The Video Channels

[4]

What Is This Measuring Device?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

7milesup

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Hello:
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but what is this thing that I bought? I know what the Mitutoyo Digimatic Indicator is obviously, but is this a "standard" setup or was this something made specifically for a shop?
I purchased it on an auction and it came out of a die stamping facility. I think I paid $12 for it.

Attachments

Superburban

I agree, looks like a jig for measuring something specific. When I worked for a major office furniture company, the receiving department had all kinds of devices like that to test the incoming parts for meeting specs.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
it looks like a hellava deal to me!
i'll concur, it's for specialty parts measuring

7milesup

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Thank you for the replies guys!! So far it is just sitting in my shop looking pretty. I keep thinking about what I can do with it. ;)

[6]
[5] [7]