What is this bar on my mill?

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Smallfly I see you have one of the magnetic DROs from DRO Pros. Can you tell us your opinions on that DRO???
--TERRY--the dro from dropros works like a dream. it does have magnetic scales sooooo they say will not be affected by coolant. i can't say from my experiences --as i have not flooded them as yet. now the best thing i can say for sure is they have great ''product support''. i called them in calif. when i was having problems with setting up a bolt circle to drill on my mill--the sales dept. could not answer my ques. and a short time later the ''tech'' dept. called me back and walked me thru the steps--and further explained the instuction book and how to properly use the book . they have helped me twice and have told me this is all part of the 6--year guarantee.. real people who speak english --will also answer the phone when you call-- will also call u- back to help. what more could you ask for ?? --plus their stuff ''works''. my dro scale is set to read down to .0002--that's certainly close enough for the girls i go with. very pleased. just my $.02--re steve in mt.

Thanks a million for the candid opinion, Steve. I've been eyeing that same DRO but have to work it into the budget, which might take a little while. Hopefully not too long!

Back