What Is Original Colour For A Colchester Dominion?

F350ca, you are just saying that to wind me up!;-) What does it say on the door in the middle (coolant access door)
Phil

Mine is a Dominion Gap Bed that is marked as a 13x36. I don't know its origin but it is wired for 575v 3p. This is a shot of the bed and serial number. I was trying to find the link to identify the machine but can't. Please repost.
24465118291_f32102a5ae_k.jpg

F350ca, you are just saying that to wind me up!;-) What does it say on the door in the middle (coolant access door)
Phil
Don't have the lathe anymore Phil. From pictures I have it says Colchester Student on middle door, but I know it said Dominion somewhere, probably on the feed chart. When I went to pick it up I took a tap to rethread what I thought would be a Whitworth hole for the lift ring for a standard eye. To my surprise the tap spun in. After I found Dominion was the name for units for Canada and possibly US with all standard threads rather than Whitworth.

Greg

I also agree that is a perfect match,and a fantastic color.Whats the game plan????

I also agree that is a perfect match,and a fantastic color.Whats the game plan????

Thanks Kroll, I'm not really sure. For starters, I'm going to do the pieces that come off the lathe easily such as tailstock, rests, gear cover, some handles and wheels, etc. If it starts to go well, I will likely paint the rest of it until I can do a proper restore on it. It's one of those things that are needed so taking it out of commission for a while won't be easy.

It's one of those things that are needed so taking it out of commission for a while won't be easy.

If you hang around here long it probably won't be an issue, as you will have at least one more lathe before you know it, and can then do a total rehab on this one.:D Mike

Yeah Fomogo, I've experienced that phenomenon before but with my John Deere tractors and another web site. I have four now. Haha.

It looks like my lathe and I share the same birth year. I looked up the serial number at http://www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/page34.html and it seems to say 1961. The SN for it is 38347 or 3/38347 to be more specific. Did I read it correctly?

Back