What is a South Bend Lathe Serial Card?

Dark Age 53

Active User
Registered
My lathe is a 22 YC with SN 38552, do you think there is a card available for it? Thanks

Grizzly should be able to supply a S/N card on your lathe.

Who originally bought it, year of manufacture, configurations it was originally set up with. It's pretty interesting to see the history. Look in my SB lathe restore thread, I posted one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who originally bought it, year of manufacture, configurations it was originally set up with. It's pretty interesting to see the history. Look in my SB lathe restore thread, I posted one.

That's what I needed to know, did you order the card from Grizzly......is it a PDF file or do they send one in the mail?

Starting reading your SBL restore thread, simply awesome.

Thanks,
Al

That's what I needed to know, did you order the card from Grizzly......is it a PDF file or do they send one in the mail?

Thanks,
Al
The card comes as a email attachment that you can print out. I got one for my 10l and all it said as far as buyer was " Reynolds" but configuration info was there. That was a 1965. I am going to get one for my current 13" . Curiosity is getting to me.

^^^^^^^That's an awesome bit of info on your SB lathe, congrats.

My lathe dates back to 1928, if they could only talk.

Thanks,
Al

I did get it from Grizzly, and it is a PDF they email. Thanks for the kind words! Finding out the history of the lathes is fascinating to me.

I did get it from Grizzly, and it is a PDF they email. Thanks for the kind words! Finding out the history of the lathes is fascinating to me.

Just ordered mine, looking forward to seeing what it says.

Back