What have I been doing today !! Prkmpted by Why haven't I posted anything. !!!!!

Harris Creek Central

Active User
Registered
So this is sort of totally off topic, as it does not relate to machining .. Maybe a little electrical. I have a basement HO Scale Model Railroad. (14x26 ft in area) I have been having problems with Two engines. One engine has a QSI Sound decoder which has a glitch in the lighting system. Also this engine was hesitating and finally it just stalled and refused to move. On taking the unit all apart, I found there was one axle in the rear truck that had got overheated, and it had warped so bad it could no longer turn. I found Athearn parts fit a Life Like Engine, so the axle was replaced, the wiring for the lights re-routed and now it is running fine.

I then moved on to engine no two, but I won't bore you with all the details. So this is a little insight into my day.. And as many of my day are Railway orientated, that is a big reason why I do not add to the postings very often.

I enjoy this site. I do have a little Unimat DB200, and I do hope to get to doing some lathe work soon.

Thanks to all that contribute to making this site so enjoyable.

Who said you were boring us/me? (no mouse in my pocket so it's just me here!) :rofl:

IMO, post up about the trains stuff!

I woke up this morning 160 mi. from home in Sonora, Tx. after a night of very little sleep (been going on for several days), went out into a 12 degree F. windchill day, checked the straps on my new lathe, checked the tires on the trailer and truck, drove to San Angelo, ate a mediocre/overpriced lunch, and drove home. Once here, I dropped off mama, picked up the cherry-picker from my son's shop, and started calling all of my buddies for help. After arriving at my shop and unloading the lathe by myself, I came home and started planning tomorrow...

I woke up this morning 160 mi. from home in Sonora, Tx. after a night of very little sleep (been going on for several days), went out into a 12 degree F. windchill day, checked the straps on my new lathe, checked the tires on the trailer and truck, drove to San Angelo, ate a mediocre/overpriced lunch, and drove home. Once here, I dropped off mama, picked up the cherry-picker from my son's shop, and started calling all of my buddies for help. After arriving at my shop and unloading the lathe by myself, I came home and started planning tomorrow...

What kind of lathe did you get? Is it up and running? Good luck with your new machine.

What kind of lathe did you get? Is it up and running? Good luck with your new machine.

Hey Bill, it is a Vectrax(MSC house brand) 14x40 that was built in Aug. of '03 but has apparently never been used unless it was for demo purposes, although it is a tad beat up. It is in place and has made a few chips- I started making a replacement X-axis handle for it, but that got converted to a spindle for the tramming tool for my mill, so I get to make another one! :))

IMG_20140207_190811_963_zpsbb518b45.jpg

My pops has been a train nut all my life. He's built some huge sets. Even our glass top coffee table had a train set in it when I was a kid. Show us what you got going on. If it bores some, they will not read it and thats not who you posted it for.

Nice lathe man

Harvey
Please do post your trains. I would enjoy seeing them!

Back