What Else Can I Use This For?

It`s nice to have the drill-press table square too.
I use the drill press for starting taps to minimize tap breakage (and bad language!) and it needs to be set up right.

In fact, be sure to check both directions on the drill press table. It is amazing how much the table nods or drops just from not having the column lock tightened during use!

-brino

Great idea! I got 3 drill presses, one in each shop.

If you can dismount the dial indicators from the housing, you can use each of them for other purposes.

If you can dismount the dial indicators from the housing, you can use each of them for other purposes.

I got 3 dial indicators that my daughters independent of each other gave me as gifts. I guess if they break that would be an idea.

Based on some of the more serious suggestions I may just use it to insure things are aligned.

It is msupposed to be used to tram the head of a mill. I consider it inferior to the single indicator method.

While not considered the most accurate, I have found using my dial indicator that it is trammed just as accurately. After learning how to tram it without the tram tool I verified the settings. Also when verifying a change in vises or hold methods I've found it just as accurate.

looks like one of those things that if you like it use it if not don't, no rights or wrong BUT what you like and prefer. Time to for me to leave the watching of this topic thanks folks.

Chucked up in a cordless drill, it would make a great paint mixer. It could also double as a replacement paddle for your ice cream maker. No need to thank me. We're all just here to help.

Tom

It sure is great to find a place with humor, and those willing to share it.

I really enjoy the ice cream paddle idea. I could possibly use it to mix my cake batter too, LOL

Back