What Brand Rotary Table

Slackerzinc

Registered
Registered
image.jpeg hey all, I just bought this 10" rotary table for $250 and was wondering the brand. Only writing is on a boss under handle "Meca P4432"

The original owner said he bought new and only used it a couple times, some research I have found is that Meca is one of the top of the line rotary tables. But still no retail prices

I see the same reports about good quality for the Meca line. You did well picking up a 10" quality table for about the same price as an imported 6" table.

Steve

I am pretty happy, I have a few projects that required a rotary table and it was definitely cheap enough

The original owner said he bought new and only used it a couple times, some research I have found is that Meca is one of the top of the line rotary tables. But still no retail prices
The manufacturers of such equipment are not likely to want to use Harbor Freight as a sales outlet, the people that shop there would not buy them for reasons of cost alone. They more then likely make them to the desired needs of the customer after the order is placed. Therefore retail pricing available on the Web should be about Zero, this is not a "retail good".

I Googled and found a link at http://www.thomasskinner.com/Customer/thskso/customerpages/specpages/sow_p852.pdf showing some really large Meca rotary tables. The 25" version lists for $16K and the 32" version is $31K.

Yours seems like a good deal if the backlash is small.

Steve
Most high end rotary tables feature a cam driven device that will move the drive gears apart so that the table will freewheel for setup purposes. When the gearing is re-engaged one may adjust the backlash to zero every time, actually if you are overzealous it will drive the worm into the gear with such force that you will not be able to rotate it at all, moderation and feel are key here.

Back