What are chinese 4 x 6 bandsaws like?

mounted to a roller track under the bench, or have it mounted on the wall on a hinged bracket with fold out legs..

That's a couple of good ideas brucer, I got it together on the weekend and now I'm trying to work out the best place to store it.

Last edited:
get two bi-metal blades, one to put on the saw and one for a back-up... i've had good luck with Olson blades..

i've needed to put casters on my saw for about 10yrs now, i always forget about doing it..

you'll love the saw when you get it tuned up and get some wear on it, they seem to get better with some wear on them... i've had my Buffalo 4x6 for over 10yrs now that i think about it, its been worth every penny...

I've got the bi-metal blades on my to do list although I did pick up a couple of replacement blades (Starrett) when I bought the saw so there's no problems with spares at the moment.

I did a couple of cuts with it last weekend and even with the standard blade it beats a hacksaw any day of the week. ;D

It definately needs some sorting out, one of the cuts I did was a piece of 65mm x 65mm (approx 2-1/4" x 2-1/4"t;) solid aluminum at 45 degress. Lucky I left some extra material because it needed quite a bit of milling to square it back up.

Last edited:
D/Day David , where do you propose to get saw -- Hare& Forbes possibly -- am located Belmont NSW
& am looking to get ono as well -- interested to know which model you settle for & how it goes.Regards Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jim

I got my bandsaw from Hare & Forbes, picked it up a couple of weeks ago on special for $300 inc GST.

I got this one https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/B002

Only done a few cuts with it so far but my initial impressions are that it's typical Chinese quality and like all Chinese machines it needs a little fine tuning -^^

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, it's much easier than using a hacksaw. ``

Last edited:
G/Day David, that is one I was considering-- swivel head would be nice but for amount of work I do possibly not worth the extra $200. Regards Jim.

G/Day Rick, Small world!!!! -- Thanks for the good advice will come in handy. Regards Jim.

Back