What about Shars Tools?

Follow up on the DTI dovetail issue.

I received a replacement from Shars for the DTI that would not fit in my 3 Noga holders. The replacement fits, but barely.

They also provided a postage paid USPS priority envelope for the return of the oversized unit. That's pretty handy as I can put it in my mailbox and don't have to make a trip to town. I live rurally and town is not far but still not as convenient as my mailbox and I have no worries where I live with mailbox theft.

So the bottom line on the three DTI's that I ended up with in hand at the same time (the first that I knocked out of whack, the second that replaced it but would not fit and the third that replaced the second) is that they all measure differently on the width of the dovetails.

The original measures .2335, the one that would not fit is .2485 and the newest one which I can just squeeze into the holder is .2420.

There appears to be a good bit of variation in the manufacturing process of the dovetails for whatever reason.

But at least Shars came through and stood behind the product! So I will not hesitate to order from them again.

Back