Wellsaw 600 7x13 horizontal band saw.

I just picked up a 600. I completely stripped and cleaned everything. Just waiting for all the bearings to arrive. Need to find some 0 grease the gearbox too.

I just picked up a 600. I completely stripped and cleaned everything. Just waiting for all the bearings to arrive. Need to find some 0 grease the gearbox too.
I would love to see some pictures!

Not quite put back together as I'm still waiting for bearings.
1703641725981.png

Nice looking saw!

Mine has a weight that slides back and forth to adjust the cutting pressure but no pneumatic cylinder. Does your have a pneumatic cylinder? If so I would appreciate it if you would take a picture of how the cylinder is attached.

I have the counter weight j7st not installed right now.
During transport I lost all the oil out of the cylinder. I cleaned it up and refilled with a 10 weight which was a little to thick for how these operate. Spring adjustment is a little bit of trial and error. I had a pneumatic cylinder I converted years ago with a check and needle valve so I put that one on. I'll take a pic of the original one when I get home from work.

Here's what's on there now.
1703724513417.png

This is the original damper.
1703724588153.png

Mine came with casters on it. It looks like they used casters that they cut off of a shopping cart. They work so I haven't touched them but some day I will replace them with something a bit more beefier.

Oh yes. I looked back at the beginning and see them.

Oh yes. I looked back at the beginning and see them.

I definitely appreciate having casters. The particular choice of casters is my only complaint.

How is your rebuild going? Do you have any pics?

Back