Well traveled lathe belt.....

finsruskw

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ordered a new belt from an e-bay store for the 9A that broke last weekend, 2/13.
Seller shipped on the 15th.
USPS tracking said it would arrive on the 19th, (sat)
Tracking showed at was in Cedar Rapids, IA on the 18th, 50 miles from me so had high hopes of being back in business Sat AM, noon at the latest.
No show, so guess it will be Monday! wrong!! Legal holiday!
OK, Tuesday then....package came from Indiana, about 350 miles as the crow flies.
Got tracking notice about noon today, package arrived in San Diego, CA at 11 AM this morning.
As Onslow would have said.......
"Awe nice!!"

Ordered a new belt from an e-bay store for the 9A that broke last weekend, 2/13.
Seller shipped on the 15th.
USPS tracking said it would arrive on the 19th, (sat)
Tracking showed at was in Cedar Rapids, IA on the 18th, 50 miles from me so had high hopes of being back in business Sat AM, noon at the latest.
No show, so guess it will be Monday! wrong!! Legal holiday!
OK, Tuesday then....package came from Indiana, about 350 miles as the crow flies.
Got tracking notice about noon today, package arrived in San Diego, CA at 11 AM this morning.
As Onslow would have said.......
"Awe nice!!"
Sorry to hear of your shipping delays. For USPS, it is a crapshoot. I've had both good and bad experiences. My application for pension vanished in the mail. First Class mail. Fortunately I had scanned all the forms. When a few months went by, I called the company looking for my money, they said they never received my application. I was able to email the scans, and they were able to start my pension payments.

Today - a legal holiday - USPS delivered a Priority Flat Rate package. It was mailed Friday, February 18th. I was really surprised. On Friday, Feb. 18th, I got a flat rate box from Colorado, it was mailed Wednesday, Feb. 16th. So it seems to happen both ways. Sometimes very promptly, other times, not so quick. Hope your lathe belt shows up soon!

Just now got 2 more notices
One said it left the San Diego distribution center at 5:10 today and the other said it left the same place at 5:59

Seems as though they can not only not read a map but read a clock and tell time as well!!

I had a FR Priority package sit in limbo for 7 days at a distribution center less than 5 miles from my house. No chance of picking it up from there, so I had to wait...and wait...and wait..........and that was after getting the same free 350 mile ride all over the USA first. Amazing.

Back