Welding Lenses for the visually impaired

My eye doctor said there are things coming down the road that will completely repair our vision. I also hate to see you sell, altho' I understand.

Well Guys

The Tig is gone, sold it yesterday, and loaded it up and watched it drive off. Im still debating if I should also sell the MIG welder now. Ive concidered keeping that machine for general hack jobs where the qaulity isnt a issue. I will ponder that though for a few more days, and decide.

Bob
Ya it sucks, and its not what I wanted to do, but with all the issues Ive had going on, I would only be kidding myself thinking I could Tig weld again. So better off to a new home, and the machine will have a new owner, and new start.

All my eye sight problems are complications of being diebetic. Glocoma is also part of it, but they wont do anything with that till its worse for some reason. Over the past yr or so, they have been giving me heavy sessions of lazer, injections directly in your eyes, and have had one eyes duct work rebuilt, and that was a horror show. They crank your eye lid open with a small bumper jack, and had to cut into my upper eye. That operation you had to be wide awake, can you say ouch!

As it stands these days, every 4 weeks or so, I get injections. At times they see a need for light lazer treatments while Im there. They keep telling me, be super carefull working around metal machines, grinders, welders and such. Because if I was to get something in my left eye, and infection set in, its game over, I will loose that eye.

So, after 30 yrs of welding, those skills are finished, and the page turns. I can still run my other machines, so Im ok with that. Just can,t risk any more damage to these old eyes. And with welding, the risks are higher. Also welding/fabricaters usually have grinders in there hands too, another thing thats risky for me too.

Well, I hate that you are having to give up something dear to you, but I suppose it will happen to all of us eventually. I wish I were closer, I'd have had a look at your TIG. I've about talked myself into one. Just have to start shopping I guess.

Back