We need a sticky for shop dogs !

Shop security:

He takes his job seriously. More seriously than anyone else in the housefor the most part.

Oddly, I don't get many visitors to the shop. Noone drops by to borrow tools ;). When he hears a car door close outside, he bellows loud enough to make ya jump out of your skin.

He loves to play the tourniquet game, but we had to stop after he got a little tooth damage that was $$$$ to fix. Through the sleeve, it feels about like having a really tight tourniquet on.

The guys as strong as a dose of the Phillipino clap!

Shop cat is almost as big though. And about twice as mean. Shop cat is an unrepentant *******... If his dinner isn't ready by 5pm, he panics and starts s fight with whoever's closest, human or dog, he doesn't care.

The wife made him take on an apprentice recently

Last edited:
Some good looking shepherds.

We do German Shepherd rescue...the ones with problems no one wants to deal with. "Torch", the boy, is a handsome GSD, but has SO MANY problems This is the dirty dark side to breeders. Since he's bad press, at 4 month old he was found roaming a park by himself. That would be bad, but he has a missing a back foot and a deformed other back leg. Needless to say he not great at walking for long. The next down side...he HATES other dogs but the trainer believed he wasn't trainable due to it being a self defense thing. At 6 month old he started having bad seizures...he takes about $500 in meds, and I everyone says this, but he is the smartest some b1tch you'll ever meet. Willow is 13(!) and is in a wheelchair. My wife is a vet so that helps a lot. I've owned GSD's since I was 6...absolutely LOVE them.IMG_2380.JPGIMG_2218.jpg

Ok, I found a picture of Surplus! Its possible that he was originally named Sir Plus ;-) Something in the "I can't believe people dump their surplus cats out here". He got sent down from Missouri to us. Great cat, but long gone. I miss him, and I miss having a cat on my lap when doing electronics work.
1612893014632.png

Poor Hanna - the GSD in my avatar. She stuck her nose in a bush on Monday and a rattlesnake got her on the beak. We took this pic just before going to the vet. It swelled up much more, but fortunately, she received the antivenom quickly. She spent the night and a second day at the vet. She's still a little swollen, but doing great otherwise.

Hanna.jpg

My older rescue will NOT go into the shop. You can't drag her through the door. I suspect in a previous time she was kept penned in a concrete floored outbuilding. The new rescue doesn't mind the shop, but has to be leashed. Hound dogs do love to chase things.Squirrels, stray cats, rabbits, the occasional evening possum and raccoons. Too suburban to have a hound tearing through the yards in pursuit of something heading for the swamp. There is, however, one of my wife's cats. Named Buttons as a kitten. his name morphed as his personality emerged. Buttons became button-hole, which became butt hole. Now it's just butt-head.

Every client car gets a thorough pre-repair inspection.

dsc_0701_jpg.jpeg

Back