Wayne 60 Gas pump restoration

interesting, your in Hemi country, and your id is fairlane (I believe that to be a fix or repair daily) did they make a hemi on the fix or repair daily? :p
My old '55 has gasser history and has a 426 Keith Black (gen 3 with water passages) . Bone stock (as per 426 specs) hillborn mechanical fuel injection, 727 Trans with an 8¾ mopar rear end.
The car was sold apon finding out my wife was pregnant and to be honest after hugs and kisses from my 10 year old, I don't miss the car

Well, back to the pump thread. Here is a teaser of some of the up coming work. This is the manifold that holds the spinners. I used the lathe to machine the nuts after the black powder was applied. Then after the machining they got a fresh coat of clear powder. The spinners are red powder coat then taped and then white paint applied for the two tone. I really like how it turned out.

Wayne 60 Sight Glass Manifold 01.JPGWayne 60 Sight Glass Manifold 02.JPGWayne 60 Sight Glass Manifold 03.JPG

More progress. Got some machine time to make some parts. Here are some bushings for the base to reduce the size of the mounting holes. And some shims and the crank-back shaft for the computer. Got to turn some left handed threads for the first time. Modified some screw heads from existing stainless fasteners.

Base Bushings.JPGComp Shaft and Shims.JPGPan Head Screws.JPG

My old '55 has gasser history and has a 426 Keith Black (gen 3 with water passages) . Bone stock (as per 426 specs) hillborn mechanical fuel injection, 727 Trans with an 8¾ mopar rear end.
The car was sold apon finding out my wife was pregnant and to be honest after hugs and kisses from my 10 year old, I don't miss the car
You made the right call

Not sure if you guys would be interested in following a gas pump restoration. I am currently working on a Wayne 60 pump that I will be branding Texaco Ethyl. Here is what I am starting with.View attachment 481556View attachment 481557View attachment 481558View attachment 481559View attachment 481560View attachment 481561View attachment 481562View attachment 481563View attachment 481564
Absolutely I would. Been wanting to find an old pump for decoration and restore it

Back