[Noteworthy] Was Santa good to you?

I bought myself this Blake co-axial centering indicator off Ebay for Christmas.

I just bought the exact same Blake Indicator. It works great. For Christmas I bought myself the LMS Z axis spring conversion kit with the extended Z axis rack.

Your going to really like that upgrade.......best thing I have done to my mini mill.

I finally got the christmas presents for the shop today. FedEx Home Delivery driver doesn't seem to be able to drive if there's a snow flake around.

I'm getting older and my 12" rotary table weights over 100 lbs. I felt I was going hurt something if I didn't come up with a way to move it on and off the mill. I found this Sky Hook for cheap because the chain was bound up inside(10 min. fix). I'll need to make a bracket to bolt down on the table for it to attach to.

DSCF1782.jpg

I also got a utility cart to put the rotary table, dividing head and vise on when their not on the mill.

DSCF1783.jpg

DSCF1782.jpg

DSCF1783.jpg

Love that Blake coaxial indicator. I've had mine for at least 15 years and still going strong. Santa hit Craigslist and got me a 4 cabinet letter,# fraction and tap Huot set about 50% filled. He also got me a used Kennedy box filled to the brim with reamers, taps and other stuff. He also got me a new drawbar for the mill.

Wife and I bought ourselves gifts this year - been years since we had enough leftover after everything so we enjoyed it. What made it fun was the 5 days it sat wrapped under the tree - we have to wait for Santa too.. I got a HF 5 speed drill press and a ShopFox sliding vice, dewalt drill bit set, and an import caliper. Basically 50lbs of iron and copper with traces of other materials.

First project was a bit holder - found 2 oak chairs by someones garbage - grabbed that on the way home from a bible meeting. I wanted to build something - anything. I ended up moving the spade bits out but the holder is useful for other oft used bits and doodads..

IMG_1905.jpg

Back