Wanting to power a lead screw

No, I am missing the brush, and this plastic part,
Its like $5.00 for the plastic part, and $15.00 for the brush(1)
It's not worth it.

there are all sorts of brush sets on e bay, FOR $50.00!

I wrote the guy on e bay that has the MC-60 board, he said he may be able to dig up a clip,
but he has held the brush in with tape.
He did not understand I was missing the brush too.
I wrote and told him I was missing the brush too, but have not heard back yet.
I have to wait and see if I can get the brush before I worry about the fly wheel, I was thinking about bumping it with my air hammer.
I then read someone had done the same thing.

I wrote the guy on e bay that has the MC-60 board, he said he may be able to dig up a clip,
but he has held the brush in with tape.
He did not understand I was missing the brush too.
I wrote and told him I was missing the brush too, but have not heard back yet.
I have to wait and see if I can get the brush before I worry about the fly wheel, I was thinking about bumping it with my air hammer.
I then read someone had done the same thing.

There is a threaded stud at the brush end of the motor, l put that in a vise, and the fly wheel threaded right off.

I don't think in a drill press application, l need to worry about the fan this time?
lathe maybe a different story.
The back of the fly wheel serves as a fan also.

l took the - brush out, it measures about .255, so 1/4" x .436, so, 7/16" x about .628 so, about 5/8 long. (or even 3/4" long. )

Maybe if the fellow with the MC-60 board don't have a brush, I can find something and make it work.
I still need that plastic clip too, or a way to rig something substantial.

Bet this is them, but as I stated, I cant afford $25.00 for 2 brushes, and $5.00 for the holder/clip,
Plus I am sure about $10.00 shipping, the way they charge today.
I am not wanting to "poor mouth" but I Am on a fixed income right now.
So maybe I can find a brush cheap on e bay and make it work.

http://store.eurtonelectric.com/treadmillbrushestb-992-1.aspx
TB992B.1.jpg

TB992B.1.jpg

You gave measurements of the old brushes but, I wonder how much room/play you have to work with. Amazon has them much cheaper + they're 10 to a pack:

5/8" x 1/2" x 1/4" 5 Pair Generic Electric Motor Brush - $7.07 & FREE Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Pair-Generic-Electric-Motor-Brush/dp/B0050MQREG

You'll see other sizes on that page, below this one... I would measure the "hole" they go into and see if you could get one of these "cheaper" ones to fit.

You gave measurements of the old brushes but, I wonder how much room/play you have to work with. Amazon has them much cheaper + they're 10 to a pack:

5/8" x 1/2" x 1/4" 5 Pair Generic Electric Motor Brush - $7.07 & FREE Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Pair-Generic-Electric-Motor-Brush/dp/B0050MQREG

You'll see other sizes on that page, below this one... I would measure the "hole" they go into and see if you could get one of these "cheaper" ones to fit.

Yeah, I was looking at a few on e bay too,
I think if there is not room for larger size, I could always sand down the new brush a little to fit.

probably only have to take 1/32" off each side of the 1/2" dimension.

I am hoping the fellow on e bay that has the MC 60 board can find me a brush and the plastic clip too.
He said to remind him on Monday.

the Pot for that board, should I use a 5 K ?
I thought 10K but I am seeing reference to 5 K more it seems.

Total Length(Approx): 1 1/2"(When Spring Stretching)

I guess that means length of the brush and the spring combined.
Looks like mine is closer to 2" if that is the case.
The ones I saw on e bay, you would have to get your own spring.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380919975885?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You did say 5 K
It looks like the MC-60 controller will run most treadmill motors, and seem to be the most popular. I was not able to find the actual specs on the MC-60 so I'm not sure what the max HP is. But it seems that there were people using them up to about 3HP. Based on the reading I have done, it looks like a 5K pot is the correct choice. Make sure you get one with a linear taper as opposed to an audio pot (logarithmic taper)

Last edited:
the Pot for that board, should I use a 5 K ?
I thought 10K but I am seeing reference to 5 K more it seems.

My belt grinder still has the original MC-2100 control board that came with that motor off of a "dead" treadmill. Pretty sure it is/was 5k from Radio Shack, I'll check to be sure in a bit or by morning k.

My belt grinder still has the original MC-2100 control board that came with that motor off of a "dead" treadmill. Pretty sure it is/was 5k from Radio Shack, I'll check to be sure in a bit or by morning k.

OK, Thanks Bob,

Yeup, 5k... :)

thanks Bob, I got a Radio shack number if anyone ever needs it,
5 K linear, # is 271-1714

http://www.radioshack.com/5k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometers/2711714.html

now l just need the motor brush.
I have a small box of brush's somewhere, don't know how big, but I could not find them for nothing.
Got some things sorted though, and as much as I hated to, threw a few things out.
Hopefully the fellow on e bay will come through for me.
I told him I would not be able to buy the controller if I can't get the motor working.
So maybe he will be able to help me out.
Guy never did write me back I got the motor off.
I mean it was free and all, well Actually I traded a rasp for it.
I just thought he might have it laying around,
he said he is a hoarder, I told him I was too.

Back