Wanted- Riser block for 8520 Mill

Not likely to find one, but here's a guy who made one! https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/riser-block-clasusing-8520.10603/

A few others have had one cast and machined that, but I only found references.
Yep ErichKeaane, it's unobtainable. Just thought I'd ask. I saw this thread a while back, and forgot about it. Been thinking about it since 1976, when I bought the thing. Put up with it for all these years, and now I'm too old and lazy to take on building one. Thanks! Joe

Yep ErichKeaane, it's unobtainable. Just thought I'd ask. I saw this thread a while back, and forgot about it. Been thinking about it since 1976, when I bought the thing. Put up with it for all these years, and now I'm too old and lazy to take on building one. Thanks! Joe
It seems like it would be a day of machining or so once you got something to machine...

I had one on my Millrite that I was super glad I had, and considered trying to duplicate the riser getting it flat on my shaper (as a bunch of folks were interested in one!), but didn't have a hook up on someone to do casting at the time.

I wonder if there are enough folks who would want one, if it would be worth a group-buy on making castings.

Back