Wanted: Boyar-Schultz wheel cover

tcweb

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking for a wheel cover for a Boyar-Schultz H612 surface grinder.

Given the number of them out there…I’m hoping someone has one they are parting out…

Tom

FYI I searched for years looking for one for mine. I never did locate one and just made one out of sheet metal.

I kept searching fleabay for about a year before I found my round cover (3 pin style), but maybe I got lucky.

Are you looking for the whole thing that clamps to the spindle, or just the front cover?

Boyar made several styles over the years, so you need to describe type you are looking for or provide a photo of portion you want to match to.

I need the 3 pin style, I believe. Just the cover, I already have the back assembly.

Should look like this. I saw a youtube video (can't remember who) where the guy made his own cover for his Boyar. Was pretty easy with a welder and came out nice. Was my plan till I bought one.

If you buy the entire assembly (front cover and back casting), I'm sure you know but Boyar Shultz used a weird spindle mounting diameter of 3.125. Most other grinders use 3.000 or 3.250 diameters.

Attachments

• P9270039.JPG
    P9270039.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P9270040.JPG
    P9270040.JPG
    372.9 KB · Views: 12
  • P9270041.JPG
    P9270041.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P9270042.JPG
    P9270042.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 12
Not sure if you found one yet, but saw one on eBay today. Search for Boyar-Shultz Chuck Guard. He has the whole 3 pin assembly for $60, and a few other parts as well.

thanks for the head's up. He wants $130 to buy it now. I don't have much more $$ into the entire grinder, so...tough sell. If I can get it closer to his opening bid, that would be fantastic. We'll see. I may feel differently when the auction is close to ending...

Got my cover...Looks like his assembly was slightly larger than the one that came on my unit, but I don't think that will hurt anything. I believe both are 3 1/8” diameter. I also was able to pickup a dust vacuum attachment made for that cover.

Last edited:
glad to hear you got it. If it doesn't fit the spindle OD, fairly easy to make an adapter spacer ring. Had to do that to reduce my 3-1/4 dia high speed attachment fit the Boyar spindle 3-1/8.

Can you post a photo or two of the dust attachment? Not sure I ever saw one. I made one similar to the later Boyar style that mounts to the left side of the table. Works OK, but closer to the wheel would be even better.

Attachments

• PB040039.JPG
    PB040039.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 5
  • PB040040.JPG
    PB040040.JPG
    406 KB · Views: 5
I will post some pics.
Maybe I’ll mount it up.

I wasn’t aware the BS would have had two different diameter wheel covers. The complete set I bought looks to be 1/2”-1” larger diameter.

Not sure it matters much, as long as it fits in the spindle housing.

Back