Waiting on an employer to make a decision!

Phone interview from my perspective went well.

Great company, great product line!

Thanks for the prayers! Please keep them coming! I do feel encouraged!

Blessings!

Dan, Linda, and Lilyan Grace (5) LaDuke

Had an interview today with Milltronics. CNC Mills and lathes. If selected, I'd be assembling CNC machines.

Prayers please!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that job looks like it's dead end. Tomorrow morning I have a phone interview with a company that sells and makes CNC equipment. Mills, lathes and the works. I had applied like 5-6 years ago with this company for a CAD position. This time it's for mechanical assembly. I've done both.

The phone interview is at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Prayers please!

I have no idea of what pay scale this company is at. It would be nice to be working at a living wage at some point in my life again.

Looks like I came in second again with Waconia Manufacturing! Got the letter today. They told me to keep an eye on their website. Oh well, life goes on.

Well, I was OVERQUALIFIED! Swing and a miss! We were counting on this one! Back to square one!

At least I have my garage! I've replaced 3 timing belts, and a set of brakes so far. Hopefully, the work continues! It's getting colder and my garage isn't insulated at all, so any attempt at heating it is like heating the outside.

Thanks for hanging with me guys!

Last edited:
Hey Dan sorry to hear of the setback. Like others mention don't give up. Maybe throw up your resume for us to give a look and see if theres any items in need of "massaging". I get resumes all the time for positions in my dept as im sure others here do.
Right or wrong, one thing I can say is we take a step back and up the bar somewhat on candidates that live more than a 45 min commute. Not saying this was the issue in your case but it crossed my mind when you mentioned where you live.

Well, I was OVERQUALIFIED! Swing and a miss! We were counting on this one! Back to square one!

At least I have my garage! I've replaced 3 timing belts, and a set of brakes so far. Hopefully, the work continues! It's getting colder and my garage isn't insulated at all, so any attempt at heating it.

Dan, Keep plugging away, you'll find something. Moonlighting out of the garage can be very profitable too... I'm praying for ya.

At least I have my garage! I've replaced 3 timing belts, and a set of brakes so far. Hopefully, the work continues! It's getting colder and my garage isn't insulated at all, so any attempt at heating it.

Sorry for the corny-ism, but sometimes you have to miss what you think you want to get what really need. For real! Hang I there man...

Bernie

Checking in and noticing your situation.
Arrghhh.
Hope life gets better soon.
It's nice to be able to pay the bills.
I hope an employment status change is immanent for you.
Please keep us posted.

Daryl
MN

Hey Dan sorry to hear of the setback. Like others mention don't give up. Maybe throw up your resume for us to give a look and see if theres any items in need of "massaging". I get resumes all the time for positions in my dept as im sure others here do.
Right or wrong, one thing I can say is we take a step back and up the bar somewhat on candidates that live more than a 45 min commute. Not saying this was the issue in your case but it crossed my mind when you mentioned where you live.

Here's a link to my Resume.

http://dan-experiences.wikispaces.com/Resume

Thanks guys!

I was about 25-30 min commute.

Dan, I glanced over your resume and a couple of things pop out.

if I were you (and I'm not), i'd tailor the resume to the particular company you are applying to. Strip out, or condense down to a line or two those things that don't apply.

If you are applying for a drafting job then emphasize those points and deemphasize manufacturing, fabrication and maintenance work. Applying for a CNC programming job? Then make that experience pop out of the resume. Etc.

I'd get rid of what your interests are that don't pertain to the job you are applying for.

What you have done in the last 5 years is condensed down to one paragraph and gets lost in all the rest of the stuff.

As somebody that wants to hire someone I want the resume to POP and get my attention by the time I'm 3/4 the way through the 1st page.

There should be no gaps in your employment timeline.

I was taught that resumes should be limited to 2 pages so they can be printed front/back on one sheet of paper. What you posted implies its only the 1st page of 3 pages yet it appears complete.

Not sure if what you posted is how the resume actually formats. If it is then it appears chopped up formatting wise.

When I was job hunting as a software developer I probably had 15 different versions of my 2 page resume depending on what position within the software development cycle I was applying for. 80% of the words across all the resumes were the same. Sometimes only a couple of sentences changed.

The more years experience you have, and the more diverse those years, the harder it is to write a good resume.

The main goal of your resume should be to get you a face to face interview where you can really sell yourself and say those things you can't get in a two page resume.

Some interviewers might ask you what was your greatest accomplishment at the last place you were employed. Then turn around and ask you about your biggest screwup and how you resolved it. Be ready for the unexpected.

Back